FREE Residential Trash Pick-up
The Colfax Spring Clean up Day is limited to Colfax residents only and
does not include commercial businesses. Residents should follow
these guidelines to aid in efficiency and cleanliness of this project.
1. All residents must place trash on their curbside by 5 a.m.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021. The garbage trucks will make only
one pass for collection.
2. Limit of three (3) yards per residential household. Residents must
distribute their trash on their own curbsides not others. Limit of
four (4) regular auto tires per household. All items, including
couches, sofas, mattresses, furniture and small appliances, will
be included in assessment of the three-yard limit. Amounts over
three yards will be subject to an extra charge to the garbage bill or
will not be collected.
3. No hazardous waste items (such as-paints, anti-freeze, oil,
solvents, batteries, cleaners, medical waste, etc) will be collected,
call Recology Auburn Placer for proper disposal options (530)
4. Items must not weigh more than sixty pounds. Residents should
contain trash in such a way as to be easily removed and to
prevent breakage and spillage. Wood and trimmings must be cut
in three-foot lengths and bundled.
5. Large appliances and refrigerators must be taken to the City
Corporation Yard for disposal. There will be a $37.00 charge for
refrigerators or other appliances containing freon. The
Corporation Yard will be open on May 5, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to
3:00 p.m. The corporation yard is located a 250 Rising Sun.